Sunday 19 February 2012

Universal Studios unveils a new logo for its 100th Birthday


It's not a rebrand. The new logo of Universal, which will be used this spring, the year of the studio's 100th birthday, is similar to the old version and very recognisable.

When I saw it for the first time I was quite surprised and thought that they use now a 3D font for their logo. However, when I checked out older logo versions I saw that this is actually not new, but that already older logos had "UNIVERSAL" written in 3D. The new logo somehow makes it more distinct, or maybe it was just me, who only noticed it now.

I could very well imagine that the logo will be really in 3D when shown in front of 3D movies.

Another change is the text below the logo, which says now "a Comcast Company" and not "An NBCUniversal Company" anymore, after Comcast purchased 51% of NBCU in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment